Hormones

 Prologue

If you finally get an OK, you can finally start you hormones. Trust me this isn't all fun. Taking hormones changes a lot and not all for the better.  Hormones aren't supposed to be taken without prescription of the doctor or without supervision.

Hormones

As a transgender mtf you gotta take 2 types of hormones. Female Hormones and Anti-Male hormones. Depending on the age you are, your allergies or prev illnesses you can get different kind of pills. In my case I received Progynova and Androcur

 Progynova

Positive side-effects

  • Development Breasts
  • Development female shapes
  • Softer skin
  • Feeling more happy

Negative Side-effects 

  • Cancer
  • Heart diseases
  • Strokes
  • Memory loss
  • Rollercoaster of emotions  


Androcur

Positive side-effects

  • Stopping baldness
  • Reduces Libido
  • Prevents genital to get hard 

Negative Side-effects 

  • Fever
  • Vomit
  • Itching across entire body
  • Liver Intoxication
  • Chest aches
  • Liver
  • Swollen Calves
  • Shortness of breath
  • Blood clots
  • Liver tumor
  • Liver failure

So as you can see taking hormones ain't always a good thing. It might help you, but if not done properly or under supervision it can actually kill you in the end.
 I can honestly say one thing my mood changes so fast since I started all hormones. It's hard to control sometimes what can frustrate a lot of people sadly, but its not intentional. I love each and every one of my friends and I wouldn't be me without them.

Comments