First Steps Towards Salvation

Prologue

People think or used to think that being trans meant you had a mental illness, but let me say and show you that people who are transgender are actually pretty sane. The Stuff we go through to get  to were we want to get. Our road to happiness isn't always open and clear.


How To Start Your Transition?


To be able to actually start your transition you got to follow a lot of steps. First of all here in Belgium you got to make an appointment with the 'TransCentrum' - A hospital specialized in transsexuality-. You got to explain who you are and what you want. If they finally reply your mail you get an appointment almost 6 months later you get an appointment. During these 6 months you got to think if you really want it or not.
When you actually go to the appointment you'll meet an psychiatrist specialized in transsexuality. The psychiatrist you get here is based on the age you are. 

He/she does a examination through your mind to make sure you truly want it or not. The ask about your past, future and where you want to go. These questionings/examinations take place for about 6months. If you then get diagnosed with GENDER DYSPHORIA, you'll get an OK. Getting this ok is the start of your hormonal treatment.
I had my first psychiatrist appointment the 23rd of September in UZ Ghent. It was a hell to get there cuz I
was late on my appointment luckily the psychiatrist was so kind to wait for me. We spend 30-60min talking about me. I'm not really a talker, but at this point I had no clue. Many appointment later and I finally received my OK. So June 2017 they did some test on the Poli-endocrinology department where they check your blood, bones and emotions. After that I finally managed to get my first hormones a few days before my trip to Sweden. So I was double stressed cuz I was going to meet Gabbie for the first time and take my first hormones. 
So my journey started 2xProgynova and 1xAndrocur a day were now part of my daily routine. And the rollercoaster started. Hormones start to create a feminine figure and laser therapy appointment has to be booked. And trust me that bitch hurts. The red marks in the picture below are basically burning of the flesh to get rid of the beard and moustache area. This all to make sure you look more feminine. Depending you how hard your beard and moustache is the more or less laser therapy you need. But trust me every appointment hurts as much as the previous one. but hey BEAUTY IS PAIN!!
 



 

Comments